Monday, January 25, 2010

Sean does Rome!

So here I am. In Rome. And loving every minute of it. So far I've seen the Vatican, the Spanish Steps, the Trevi Fountain, the Pantheon, the Forum, the Colosseum, I live on the Piazza Navona, I've walked the Seven Hills of Rome and just about everywhere else. Most of this I have actually done for/with class! Its great! Our first project is an analysis of a piazza somewhere around the city. My piazza is S. Maria in Trastevere, home to one of the oldest churches in Rome that dates back to 200-300 AD! Yea, its all pretty cool. Well thats it for now, and much more to come!

2 comments:

  1. I know you have more than enough to read. But if you have some time, perhaps over the summer, you should read Desire of the Everlasting Hills by Thomas Cahill. It's about Rome in the times immediately before, during and after Jesus' time on earth. Easy and fascinating reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sean, sounds like you are having a GREAT time. We're all thinking of you and can't wait to hear all about your adventures when you're back in the USA.

    Uncle Chris

    ReplyDelete